Friday 2 November 2012

「Pokemon All Access Summary」


Pokemon All Access


Pokemon All Access, or PAA, is a game in development that will contain all of the regions from the Pokemon series featuring an entirely new story that will tie each region together. It will tie in both games and the manga series to the new story. This has been a dream I've always wanted. And now, it shall be created.


The Creator

I am Volt Storm and I live in Japan. I decided to take on game development and design to put me further into my future goal, staying in Japan. I speak English (as you can already see), Japanese, and understand Spanish when spoken or written. I am also currently one of the best Pikachu players for the game, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, within Japan (and perhaps the world?). I enjoy games such as Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Borderlands (2).

The Gameplay

I am aiming to mix several different ways of gameplay into one game for several different events.

During Battles

I will allow to ways to play the game. There is the fighting game style, resembling actually Pokemon battles instead of the original strategy based style we are use to. I will also feature the original concept of the strategy style to let others who prefer this over the other style.

I want to make the feel of battle similar to that of Soul Caliber's 3D camera, but incorporate the original concept's four move limit, types and their effectiveness towards other types, status, and perhaps evasion (It'll depend on if it would work well with the system mechanics and situations). This makes you think about match up's you will need in the future.

I am aiming to make both features be competitively oriented, while being able to retain a casual feel to it so that competitive nor casual players are left out.

Both concepts will be accessible and you will be able to choose which one you desire rather than have me force the user to confine to one or the other.

During Story

The game will be in a third person view, in which the camera is trailing behind the main character, which is being finalized for both female and male.

The Story

As written, I have not created a story, but I am working on a concept that I know will be a defining moment for this game.

The Online

I took into account that a lot of people enjoy playing with other people. I am aiming to make this project's online netcode as good as I can make it. PAA will have a player finder based upon your internet and your location in which you can change if you so desire. It will also feature a ranking system and a lobby system.

Extras

The main character will be fully editable. This means you can affect how he or she looks( and perhaps wear?). Time will also be a factor in how you meet Pokemon and certain side missions or stories. More to be revealed.






No comments:

Post a Comment